Friday, February 04, 2011

Photo Friday - Icicles! - February 4, 2011

I said that I was going to go into the archives for some non-snowy sunny photos, but I have to share these icicles with you. They are amazing!

This icicle is hanging off the back corner of the house from roof to ground.


Close-ups of the icicle







This icicle is hanging near the chimney. Actually it was hanging. I knocked it down with a long pole. 



My daughter holding a small piece of the icicle. She's 5' 3.5" tall so you can
get an idea of how big this icicle was.

We had our roof cleaned off this morning finally.



Water is running off the roof now so I'm glad that the snow is gone and the ice is melting. More snow and icy precipitation is coming tomorrow!



5 comments:

  1. Dang! Those icicles are EPIC! in fact, "icicles" seem too insipid a word to be used for those behemoths... Perhaps 'Mega-cicles'? 'Enormo-cicles'? 'OMG-cicles'? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you have a "spring countdown timer" on the blog Qwill, WOW!
    Our little dusting of white is a joke, what you have had is Mother Nature proving once again that she wins, at least for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Defrosting my big freezer was bad enough, I'll leave this kind of ice to the pros.Those icicles are scary. Y'all stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy moley, Jackie sent me here to see your ice. :)

    I hate ice. Heavy snow is inconvenient, but ice is a deathtrap waiting to happen. Stay safe.

    This weather can't last forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy to report that the dangerous icicles have completely melted! :)

    ReplyDelete