Monday, February 27, 2012

Authors After Dark Author Spotlight Interview - Cat Johnson

Please welcome Cat Johnson as part of The Qwillery's Authors After Dark Author Spotlight Interviews.




TQ:  What inspired you to become a writer?

Cat:  I've always written, since grade school. I won my first writing contest in First Grade and the prize was that I got to ride in the Chief of Police's car in the town's Memorial Day Parade. Once you stroke a writer's ego like that, it pretty much clinched it that I would always want to write. LOL

TQ:  What is the most challenging thing for you about writing?

Cat:  Conquering my tendency to procrastinate. It's easy to bargain with myself and say, Oh, I don't have to write today, I'll just write double tomorrow... All you fellow procrastinators out there know what I'm talking about. And it doesn't help that because I work from home, most often in my PJs with the laptop in bed, it doesn't seem like I'm working to my friends and relatives, even when I actually am, and disruptions are everywhere.

TQ:  What writing achievement are you most proud of?

Cat:  Things in this business are so fleeting, I mean the sales ranks on Amazon.com literally change hourly, but I am very proud that my first cowboy menage Rough Stock reached #1 in the Western Romance Category on Amazon Canada. Obscure, I know, and it's possible I'm the only one that saw it there, but it was there. LOL. I've won a number of awards too and of course, I'm proud and amazed at every one of those. I was totally blown away at Authors After Dark Philly 2011 when I won the Bookie Award for Best Western Romance for UNRIDDEN. I was up against some very tough competition for that one.

TQ:  What one thing should everyone know about your writing?

Cat:  Even though it is fiction, I do research a lot to try and give it realism and accuracy--then sometimes I change things anyway to make the plot work. Writer's prerogative...

TQ:  Please tell us about your latest and upcoming works.

Cat:  I just had 2 stories release in December: A Cowboy for Christmas which is a full length contemporary erotic romance novel from Ravenous Romance and a short story Cole (Book 5 in my Red, Hot & Blue series with Samhain). For February, Cowboy Shuffle released from All Romance eBooks on February 2nd. It's part of ARe's Perfect Strangers series that launched in February last year. Cowboy Shuffle is the sequel to my story from last year Texas Two-Step. Then also in February is Valentine Cowboys, a novella length threesome, a sequel to A Cowboy for Christmas from Ravenous Romance. I've been busy! LOL You can always keep up with me on my site at CatJohnson.net. There is a Coming Soon page as well as a Series Reading Order page.


TQ:  Thank you for joining us at The Qwillery.

Cat:  Thank you for having me!!


About Cat

As an author of contemporary romance in genres including military, cowboy, ménage and paranormal, Cat Johnson uses her computer so much she wore the letters off the keyboard within a year. As a self-proclaimed promo 'ho, she is known for her creative marketing and research practices. Consequently, Cat has sponsored bull riding rodeo cowboys, owns an entire collection of cowboy boots and camouflage shoes for book signings and a fair number of her consultants wear combat or cowboy boots for a living. In her real life, she's been a marketing manager, professional harpist, bartender, tour guide, radio show host, Junior League president, wife and avid animal lover. Find out more at www.CatJohnson.net

Website
Facebook
Twitter

2 comments:

  1. I loved the Studs in Spur series! I just started the Red, Hot and Blue series, I enjoy any story that has cowboy boots and military men in it! :) Looking forward to meeting Ms. Johnson (and everyone else too) in person at AAD!

    ReplyDelete