Thursday, March 29, 2012

Authors After Dark Author Spotlight Interview - Kayleigh Jamison

Please welcome Kayleigh Jamison as part of The Qwillery's Authors After Dark Author Spotlight Interviews.




TQ:  What inspired you to become a writer?

Kayleigh:  I can't remember a time when I didn't want to become a writer, so I suppose it's in my blood. I've always loved making up stories in my head; as a kid I'd daydream for hours; being sent to my room wasn't a punishment. At some point I realized I could actually write down my ideas.

TQ:  What is the most challenging thing for you about writing?

Kayleigh:  Sometimes I lack focus. I get distracted by new ideas and when I see something shiny I...

Sorry, what was I talking about?

TQ:  What writing achievement are you most proud of?

Kayleigh:  I'd have to say finishing my first novel; I never thought I could until I did. Once I knew I was capable of writing an entire book, I knew I just needed perseverance to go the next step (getting published).

TQ:  What one thing should everyone know about your writing?

Kayleigh:  That's a tough question. Perhaps that it's okay not to like it. I don't take offense; I'm not shooting to be everyone's favorite. Even if you didn't like something I wrote, I'm appreciative you gave it a try!

TQ:  Please tell us about your latest and upcoming works.

Kayleigh:  Unfortunately, "real life" has gotten in the way of writing the last few years; graduating law school, taking the bar exam, and then becoming a practicing attorney so I haven't had a release since 2009 (!!), but I believe it was "A Scandalous Arrangement," a BDSM erotic romance set in the Regency era via Tease Publishing. I have been working, very very slowly, on the sequel to Reckless Liaisons, another Regency-set piece. Sooner or later, there will also be a sequel to Leading Her to Heaven (so Stella Price can stop bugging me about it!).



Reckless Liaisons
Leading Her to Heaven
Was she a second chance at love—or his golden opportunity for revenge?

Sebastian Cade, reclusive Duke of Rutland, has gone to great lengths to withdraw from the London society he’s come to despise. Still reeling from betrayal and tragedy, he finds himself powerfully attracted to his lovely new raven-haired ward—so much so that he begins to question the last five years of his life.

When Julia Deveraux awakens in the Duke’s rose garden, the memories flood back. A betrothal she detests. The great black horse stolen from her father. Her near escape … Now under Sebastian’s care, she sees the rumors of his disfigurement are far from true. But will her secret connection to his sworn enemy tear them apart before love brings them together?
As the eldest daughter of an English earl, Lady Susanna Cavendish has led a sheltered life of privilege and leisure.

Notorious warrior Blair Ruthven is laird of the fiercest clan in Scotland.

Forced into marriage by feuding kings to forge a political union between their countries, Blair and Susanna must find peace between themselves as they battle ages-old prejudices – and vie for one another's hearts.












TQ:  Thank you for joining us at The Qwillery.

Kayleigh:  Thank you for having me! I look forward to seeing you in NOLA!


About Kayleigh

A lawyer by day and author by night, Kayleigh received a BA in English and Philosophy from Gettysburg College in 2002, a Certification in Legal Studies from University of Maryland in 2005, and a JD from Florida Coastal School of Law in 2009. She loves to travel, and has spent time in such places as Scotland, Russia, and Peru.
Kayleigh lives in Maryland with her two cats, Angel and Jack, and two rats, Reginald and Rupert.

Kayleigh's Links

Website
Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment