Saturday, March 03, 2012

Winners x 9 - March 3, 2012

Royal Street (Sentinels of New Orleans 1) by Suzanne Johnson (signed) - Ended February 22, 2012 - Read the Guest Blog here.


Question:  Have you read a book set around a natural disaster, or what’s your favorite book set in New Orleans?

Tanya1224 who said...

I have not read any books yet set around a natural disaster but I have read a few that take place in New Orleans. In The Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost cat and Bones are there a lot. I went there to visit and loved the place. I was very sad when Katrina hit...I know that had to have been awful. Thank you for the contest.




Sentinel's Heart or Red's Wolf by PJ Schnyder (ecopy/winner's choice) - Ended February 24, 2012 - Read the interview here.


Question:  Which genres or subgenres (for novels/novellas/short stories) do you like to read?

ML who said...

My favorite genre is paranormal romance. I'm also a fan of urban fantasy and historical romance. Recently I've discovered steampunk and found that I enjoy that as well. I enjoy sticking with favorite genres and branching out and reading new things as well.




Giant Thief (Tales of Easie Damasco 1) by David Tallerman - Ended February 26, 2012 - Read the guest blog here.


Question:  What is you favorite fantasy movie?

Tim who said...

I love this story, especially the after note about walking into a room and Labyrinth is playing on the TV.

The question is an easy one for me to answer, except it's not a single movie. The Lord of the Rings trilogy are my favorite fantasy movies. Peter Jackson brought these amazing books to life without making too many drastic changes and the result is magic.




The Last Night (The Burning Earth 1) by Nico Rosso (ecopy) - Ended February 27, 2012 - Read the Guest Blog here.


Question:  Who is your favorite motorcycle riding hero?

icha who said...

christian bale in batman dark night..and jack pallas from a something about you (julie james)




Fever (Phoenix Rising 1) by Joan Swan - Ended February 28, 2012 - Read the interview here. US/CANADA ONLY.


Question:  Who is your favorite bad boy from novels, film, TV?

BookAttict who said...

The list of my fave bad boys is long! (Yep, I got a "thing" for bad boys!) Aside from the "usual suspects" Malkolm from Blood Rights by Kristen Painter (House of Comarre series) and Nightshade from Michelle Sagara's Chronicles of Elantra series are definitely on my short list though!

The original winner, Barbara, had already won a copy of Fever and a new winner was chosen.




Tempted by Blood (Sweetblood 3) by Laurie London (signed) - Ended February 29, 2012 - Read the Guest Blog here.


Question: Do you have a favorite TV show, movie, website, etc that deals with
paranormal phenomena?


Barb P who said...

Hi Laurie! I guess that I'm showing my age, but one of my favs was Dark Shadows! I have all of the episodes on DVD. I can't wait for the new movie (Johnny Depp YUUUMMM!). I also love shows like Grimm, Supernatural etc. Love your books and congrats on the new release!




White Horse by Alex Adams (3 Advanced Reader Copies) - Ended March 2, 2012 - Read the Guest Post here.

ARC Cover is slightly different!

Question: What is/are your favorite apocalyptic movie(s), comics or novel(s)?

1. erin who said...

OMG... this book sounds awesome!!! Immediately added to my new release wishlist! But I like the UK cover much, much better. The US version is very misleading...

I love post-apocalyptic books and movies. And if they have zombies and mutants etc. so much the better! My fav so far as been: movies - any Resident Evil and Book of Eli, TV - Walking Dead, and books - The Newsflesh Trilogy by Mira Grant and The Passage by Justin Cronin.

Thanks for the great post and giveaway!


2. Vivien who said...

I absolutely LOVE Mira Grant. Life as We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer is a great one.


3. Spaz who said...

Great post and I love the book summary. This is going on my wishlist whether or not I win the giveaway.

Favorite post-apocalyptic stuff... lately I really liked the setting of The Passage by Justin Cronin though I felt the book dragged quite a bit. I look forward to The Twelve.

But all-time? It's Stephen King, but no, it's not The Stand. It's the Dark Tower books. While the Dark Tower didn't have some singular causal event, the world (multiverse) is clearly falling to pieces.




The winners have been notified and have until 11:59PM on Saturday, March 10, 2012 to respond or The Qwillery will very randomly choose a new winner.

Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. You've just made my weekend! Thanks!! And congrats to all of the other winners as well!

    ReplyDelete