Sunday, July 14, 2013

Melanie's Week in Review - July 14, 2013





I almost can't believe another week has gone by.  Another week of lovely summer weather. It was a scorching day today which had me snoozing instead of reading in the sun. I did manage to get a few things read this week though.


I finished Three by Jay Posey but will be reviewing it so don't want to give too much away.  I started The Havoc Machine started by Steve Harper. It had one of the funniest author's 'forwards' I have ever read.  I wish the book was as amusing. I will be reviewing this one as well and haven't finished it so I don't want to speak too soon.  Don't be fooled by the cover.  Its not one of my favourite covers and doesn't really give you an impression of how gritty the book really is.


I also read the newly released Fifth Grave Past the Light by Darynda Jones. I have been enjoying this series more for the quips and the chapter titles as much the plot. This books finds the grim reaper Charley with the son of Satan, Reyes, as a next door neighbor. Things heat up in this, thefifth book of the series....literally with lots of 'assignations' for the pair. In fact, remind me never to go over to Reyes's for dinner. I am sure what they were doing with the kitchen utensils was in violation of a few health and safety rules. While I enjoyed this installment I thought it was a tiny bit weaker than some of the previous books. Jones, seemed to want to cram one too many sub-plots into the mix this time although everything gets wrapped up with a bow at the end.


I was also super naughty and added more books to my TBR. I found out that The Glass God, the 2nd book in the Magical Anonymous series, by Kate Griffin was out so I had to buy it.  This is a fantastic series and completely funny. 


I also found 2 new books by Michael J. Sullivan on NetGalley: The Crown and The Rose and The Thorn. Both novels are part of the  Riyria Revelations series. I can hardly wait to read them.  I love this series. That is all from me. I have quite a few books to read so better get to them. Until next week Happy Reading!





0 comments:

Post a Comment